Hedging EA 28.0
Metatrader Expert Advisor (MT4/MT5)
Hedging EA will turn your losing trades into winners using a unique imbalanced hedging strategy. Once the initial trade moves into negative territory a predefined number of pips, the recovery mechanism will kick in: it will place a limited amount of alternative trades above and below the current price, until all of them can be closed with a small net profit.
- Easy to use and supervise
- Trade easily using chart buttons
- Fully customizable position management
- Controlled and pre-calculated risk exposure
- Implements many automated entry strategies
- Can trade using custom indicators
- Trades micro accounts from $1,000
- Filter trading by forex sessions
The initial trade it is managed independently to avoid performing a recovery at all.
- First, the EA tries to perform break-even to assure capital preservation.
- Secondly, the EA applies a configurable trailing stop and take profit.
- If the trade goes straight into negative, the EA performs a recovery.
The hedging process is fully customizable in terms of behavior and risk.
How to get started
- Load the EA to any chart and timeframe
- Edit the settings until the risk is acceptable
- Trade using the chart buttons or enable an entry strategy
- Let the EA handle the trade and book a profit
The recovery will succeed in most instances and fail in a minority of cases. If it fails, it incurrs into a calculated loss.
- Load the EA and trade using the chart buttons
- Don't trade any other EA in the same symbol
- Take only one initial trade per symbol -never two or more-
- If the buy/sell buttons are not displayed, it means the EA is busy
- The EA can trade many symbols independently at the same time
- But be careful: never, ever, load the EA twice on the same symbol
- There is no need to set a different Magic Number to trade different symbols
- Trade from a VPS or leave your trading computer turned on 24/5
- Try to never unload the EA to assure the atomicity of the process
- Big spread hikes affect the EA negatively. If possible, trade from a fixed spread account
- In fixed spread accounts, using a small zone proves beneficial for performance
- However, a safe zone for variable spread accounts is +100 pips
- Avoid taking a trade if you expect the market to stay flat
The purpose of this EA is not to be profitable by itself, but to avoid preventable losses within the limits of the account free margin.
- The automated entries of the EA are evaluated at bar closing
- The EA uses pending orders, connection lag should not be an issue
- The EA won't trade live if there is risk of a margin call with current settings
- However, the EA will trade in the tester with any settings, regardless of risk
- The take-profit for the first trade is evaluated in stealth mode, no TP order is placed
- The EA trades a manual lot size: the tester won't reflect compounding profits
- The session filters are implemented in GMT time and only apply to automated entries
- Trades have no individual SL or TP because they are managed as a basket (a single deal)
- During a recovery, the EA can have many trades opened at the same time
- If the market gaps and a pending order is missed, the EA will hedge at market
This EA offers a complete hassle-free trading framework. Once configured, it allows simple trading from the chart buttons: buy and sell. The EA will draw the chart buttons when it is ready to manage trades and hide them when it is busy, to avoid human errors.
When loading the expert to any chart, you will be presented with a set of options as input parameters. Don't despair if you think they are too many, because parameters are grouped into self-explanatory blocks.
- Lotsize for first trade
- This parameter controls the size of the initial trade. A smaller lotsize decreases the net exposure of the deal.
- Break-even in pips
- This parameter controls at which profit in pips the EA moves the stop-loss above/below the open price securing profits. This parameter only affects the first trade, not during the recovery process.
- Break-even Behavior
- Upon break-even, the EA can secure half the profits of the trade or move the SL to the open price, as you wish. If you want to let profits run and maximize the first trade, choose the latter.
- Trailing Stop
- Percentage of the max. favorable excursion (MFE) used as trailing-stop. A small value is a tight stop, and a big value is a wide stop. This parameter only affects the first trade, not during the recovery process.
- Trailing Step in pips
- Minimum increase in pips for the trailing stop value and, at the same time, the minimum distance from the new stoploss and the current market price. This parameter only affects the first trade, not during the recovery process.
- Take Profit in pips
- Steath take-profit for the first trade. Not used during the recovery process.
- Entry Strategy
- The EA implements a set of automated entry strategies to provide some degree of automation. Not all entry strategies will greatly perform in all market conditions, but you can switch between them as you see fit. Supported entry strategies are CCI, ADX, RSI, Bollinger Bands, AC, AO, Alligator, Fractal Breakouts, MACD, PSAR, RVI, Stochastic, Heiken Ashi, Turtle Trading, Breakouts, Buy Constantly, Sell Constantly and Random Trades..
- Custom Indicator Name
- If you choose to trade using your own custom indicator, type the indicator name in this parameter. The EA will call it via iCustom() internally. For more information about this, read the user guide.
- Custom Indicator Signal Buffer
- If you choose to trade using your own custom indicator, type the signal buffer number in this parameter. The EA will call it via iCustom() internally. For more information about this, read the user guide.
- Recovery Trades
- Maximum amount of trades to place during the recovery process.
- Zone In Pips
- Distance in pips between buy stop and sell stop orders. A higher value will decrease trading frequency but will make deals to last longer. If the spread is below one pip, you can use a zone of 50 pips. If the spread is between 2 and 3 pips, you should set a zone over 75 pips. If the spread is above 3 pips, you need a zone of at least 100 pips.
- The behavior parameter instructs the EA how aggressive to behave during the recovery process. More aggression will close deals faster but use more free margin to do so. If this parameter is set to Do_Not_Add_Trades during live trading, the EA will stop adding trades and start to cut back exposure.
- Profit Target in pips
- Overall profit at which we wish to close deals. A bigger value will cause deals to last longer in time. Please note this is not the take-profit for the first trade.
- Trade Assian Session
- If enabled, the EA will start trades during the Assian Session.
- Trade European Session
- If enabled, the EA will start trades during the European Session.
- Trade American Session
- If enabled, the EA will start trades during the American Session.
- Magic Number
- The magic number allows the EA to identify its own trades when reloaded or the platform restarts. As a rule of thumb, never change it.
- Custom Comment
- Enter your custom comment for all trades here.
- Is the EA NFA/FIFO Compliant?
- It is not, please do not trade with an US Broker.
- Do I need a VPS to run the EA?
- Yes, it is imperative that you do. The EA must be connected 24/5.
- Can I buy and sell at the same time?
- No, you can't, because it would confuse the recovery mechanism. When entering a trade, please go only long or only short. Never buy and sell at the same time.
- Can I use pending orders to enter the market?
- Yes, you can. Once one of them becomes a market order, the EA will start working.
- Can I place two pending orders in opposite directions to enter the market?
- Yes, you can. Once the first one is triggered, the EA will delete the other/s.
- Can I interfere with the trades of the EA?
- Please don't. Let the EA do its job. All you can do is closing the deal completely.
- Will this EA interfere with other EAs running in my account?
- Yes, it will! It will manage all trades on the current chart.
- Is the EA fully automatic?
- This EA is not designed for fully automated trading, although it implements a few automated entries which you can enable or disable at will.
- Can I set my own take
- loss when I enter the market?
- No, you can't. Please trade without stoploss or takeprofit. The EA will handle those.
Keep comments tidy and respectful. Avoid spam, offensive remarks, self-promotion and posting personal or payment information. The comment section is for discussion and questions only. Kindly note that we'll never solicit payments in the comments section.