Stop Reverse EA 10.0
Metatrader Expert Advisor (MT4/MT5)
The Stop and Reverse EA turns your losing trades into winners using a sequential and controlled martingale: it places sequential trades with increasing lot sizes until the initial trade is recovered, plus a small profit. It offers a complete trading framework, from managing initial trades to recovery.
- Easy to set up and supervise
- Trade easily using chart buttons and controls
- Controlled and pre-calculated risk exposure
- Implements many automated entry strategies
- It is able to trade using custom indicators
- All orders are placed with a stop-loss
- Trades micro accounts from $1,000
- Filter trading by forex sessions
Once a trade is taken, it is managed independently to avoid performing a recovery at all.
- First, the EA tries to perform break-even to assure capital preservation.
- Secondly, the EA applies a configurable trailing stop and take profit.
- If the trade goes straight into negative, the EA performs a recovery.
The martingale recovery will succeed in most instances and fail in a minority of cases.
How to get started
- Load the EA to any chart and timeframe
- Edit the settings until the risk is acceptable
- Start a trade using the chart buttons or...
- Enable an entry strategy from inputs
- Let the EA handle the trade and book a profit
- Load the EA and trade using the buy or sell buttons
- Never force a buy and sell at the same time. Take one initial trade per symbol
- If the buy/sell buttons are not displayed, it means the EA is busy
- The EA can trade many symbols independently at the same time
- But be careful: never, ever, load the EA twice on the same symbol
- There is no need to set a different Magic Number to trade different symbols
- Trade from a VPS or leave your trading computer turned on 24/5
- Try to never unload the EA to assure the atomicity of the martingale
- You can change the martingale behavior on the fly at any time
- If possible, trade from a fixed spread account
- The automated entries of the EA are evaluated at bar closing
- The EA won't trade live if there is risk of a margin call with current settings
- However, the EA will trade in the tester with any settings, regardless of risk
- The EA trades a manual lot size: the tester won't reflect compounding profits
- The session filters are implemented in GMT time and only apply to automated entries
- The EA will have just one open trade at any given time, and one pending order
This EA offers a complete hassle-free trading framework. Once configured, it allows simple trading from the chart buttons: buy and sell. The EA will draw the chart buttons when it is ready to manage trades and hide them when it is busy, to avoid human errors. Since it can recover trades in alternative directions or in the same direction, it becomes a powerful and flexible trading companion.
When loading the expert to any chart, you will be presented with a set of options as input parameters. Don't despair if you think they are too many, because parameters are grouped into self-explanatory blocks.
- This parameter controls the size of the initial trade.
- This parameter controls at which profit in pips the EA moves the stop-loss above/below the open price for the first trade.
- Break-even Behavior
- Upon breakeven, the SL can be moved to the open price, or secure part of the profits. You choose.
- Trailing Stop
- Trailing stop expressed as % of current trade profit. Small value = tight stop / Big value = wide stop.
- Trailing Step
- Minimum increase in pips for the trailing stop and minimum distance from open price and old SL.
- Take Profit
- Take-profit for the first trade. Ignored during recovery process.
- Entry Strategy
- The EA implements a some automated entry strategies to facilitate backtesting. Options are: CCI, ADX, RSI, Bollinger Bands, AC, AO, Alligator, MACD, PSAR, RVI, Stochastic, Heiken Ashi, Turtle Trading, Breakouts, Buy Constantly and Sell Constantly.
- Maximum amount of trades to place during the recovery process. Few trades mean lower risk.
- The zone is the distance in pips between the current order and the next order in the martingale.
- Martingale Behavior
- The behavior can be (a) Stop and Reverse or (b) Stop and Repeat. You can decide which trading direction to be used to recover the initial trade, according to your perception of the market. If you have a strong directional bias, use option (b).
- Trade Asian Session
- If enabled, the EA will start trades during the Assian Session. Only if autotrading is enabled.
- Trade European Session
- If enabled, the EA will start trades during the European Session. Only if autotrading is enabled.
- Trade American Session
- If enabled, the EA will start trades during the American Session. Only if autotrading is enabled.
- Magic Number
- The magic number allows the EA to identify its own trades when reloaded or the platform restarts.
- Custom Comment
- Enter your custom comment for all trades here.
- Is the mechanism implemented in this EA a martingale?
- Yes, it is a pure martingale. Trades are independent and sequential.
- Is the EA NFA/FIFO Compliant?
- It is, because each trade is taken when the last one has been closed.
- Do I need a VPS to run the EA?
- You must have your computer connected 24/5 or hire a VPS.
- Can I buy and sell at the same time?
- No, you can't, because it would confuse the recovery mechanism. When entering a trade, please go only long or only short. Never buy and sell at the same time.
- Can I use pending orders to enter the market?
- Yes, you can. Once one of them becomes a market order, the EA will start working.
- Can I place two pending orders in opposite directions to enter the market?
- Yes, you can. Once the first one is triggered, the EA will delete the other/s.
- Can I interfere with the trades of the EA?
- Please don't. Let the EA do its job. All you can do is closing the deal completely.
- Will this EA interfere with other EAs running in my account?
- Yes, it will! It will manage all trades on the current chart with a Magic Number of zero.
- Is the EA fully automatic?
- This EA is not designed for fully automated trading, although it implements a few automated entries which you can enable or disable at will.
- Can I set my own take
- loss when I enter the market?
- No, you can't. Please trade without stoploss or takeprofit. The EA will handle those.
Keep comments tidy and respectful. Avoid spam, offensive remarks, self-promotion and posting personal or payment information. The comment section is for discussion and questions only. Kindly note that we'll never solicit payments in the comments section.