Metatrader Indicator (MT4/MT5)
The Volatmeter indicator measures volatility in a multi-timeframe fashion aiming at identifying flat markets, volatility spikes and price movement cycles in the market. It's not the easiest volatility indicator to interpret, but certainly a very powerful one.
- Trade when volatility is on your side
- Identify short-term volatility and price spikes
- Find volatility cycles at a glance
- The indicator is non-repainting
The ingredients of the indicator are the following...
- The green histogram is the current bar volatility
- The blue line is the fast volatility value
- The orange line is the slow volatility value
- The red line is the higher timeframe volatility
...and have straightforward trading implications:
- If the green histogram is above two lines, short-term volatility is extreme
- If the blue line is above the orange line, volatility is generally high
- If the orange line if above the red line, the market volatility is high
- Zoom out in the chart to see the volatility cycle reflected on the red line
Boost your trading returns with a great flat market and volatility detector, just like hundreds of users have already done!
- ? FAQ
- Does the indicator repaint?
- No, it does not!
- What is the green histogram?
- The green bars represent the volatility of the current bar only.
- ✎ Comments
Keep comments tidy and respectful. Avoid spam, offensive remarks, self-promotion and posting personal or payment information. The comment section is for discussion and questions only. Please note that we'll never solicit payments in the comments section.