The Zone EA 3.0
Metatrader Expert Advisor (MT4)
This expert advisors trades donchian breakouts according to Bill Williams's definition of Trading in the Zone. It uses alligator to find strong trends, AC and AO to identify trading zones and MACD to avoid trading exhausted trends.
- Easy to use and supervise
- Fully configurable indicator settings
- Customizable break-even, stop-loss, take-profit and trailing-stop settings
- Works for ECN/Non-ECN brokers and 2-3-4-5 digit symbols
- Trades can be closed on opposite signals
- Implements a martingale feature
- Implements multi-timeframe filters
- Filter trading by forex sessions
Boost your trading returns with the best Bill Williams Expert Advisor, like hundreds of users have already done!
The anatomy of the strategy
According to Bill Williams trading in the zone helps to maximize profits when the market goes your way, namely, when momentum, acceleration and price confirm that you have strong trend or acceleration period.
The strategy is built up from the following indicators
- Breakouts are used as entries
- Alligator to find strong trends
- AC and AO to identify trading zones
- MACD to avoid trading exhausted trends
- ≡ Input parameters
When loading the indicator or EA to any chart, you will be presented with a set of options as input parameters. Don't despair if you think they are too many, because parameters are grouped into self-explanatory blocks.
- Trading Settings
- The EA can trade long, short or both.
- Indicator Settings
- This parameter group holds the indicator settings.
- Trading Settings
- You can enable or disable timeframes on which bollinger bands are evaluated. For example, if you enable M1, M5, M15 and M30, trades will be taken when the price is overbought or oversold in all those timeframes simultaneously.
- Session Settings
- Enable or disable trading for the Assian, European or American sessions.
- Position Management
- This group of settings applies to trading decisions and trade management. You can select trading direction, break-even in pips, trailing-stop in pips, trailing-step in pips, stop-loss in pip and take-profit in pips.
- Money Management
- In this settings block you can set the lotsize for the first trade, or allow the EA to calculate it by itself. I always recommend setting a manual lotsize for each trade.
- EA Settings
- You can select the magic number for the trades, custom comment and manual pip value if you need to override the one the default one. Do not change these unless you know what you are doing.
- ? FAQ
- Is the EA NFA/FIFO Compliant?
- It is not by default, but you can enable FIFO trading in EA inputs.
- Do I need a VPS to run the EA?
- Yes, you do. Or having your home computer turned on 24/5.
- Can I interfere with the trades of the EA?
- Yes, you won't cause the EA to missbehave.
- Will this EA interfere with other EAs running in my account?
- No, it won't.
- ✎ Comments
Keep comments tidy and respectful. Avoid spam, offensive remarks, self-promotion and posting personal or payment information. The comment section is for discussion and questions only. Please note that we'll never solicit payments in the comments section.