Hedging Lite EA 1.0
Metatrader (MT4) Expert Advisor
PZ Hedging Lite EA turns your losing trades into winners using a unique imbalanced hedging strategy. Once the initial trade moves into negative territory a predefined number of pips, the recovery mechanism will kick in: it will place a limited amount of alternative trades above and below the current price, until all of them can be closed with a small net profit.
- Easy to set up and supervise
- Controllable risk and net exposure
- Risk and drawdown are pre-calculated
- Trade easily from the chart buttons
- Backtests using random trades
- All you need is a VPS!
The usage and configuration of the expert advisor is very easy.
- Load the EA
- Edit the settings until the risk is acceptable
- Trade from the chart buttons
- Let the EA manage the trade!
It is a reduced version of the full Hedging EA, which is much more flexible in usage and input parameters. It implements 30 different automated entry strategies, custom indicator trading support, different recovery behaviors, position management settings for the first trade, trading session filters and many more features.
Differences between lite and full version
Feature Lite version Full version Maximum recovery trades 20 40 Maximum starting lotsize 0.05 Unlimited Fully customizable input parameters No Yes Position management for first trade (BE+TS) No Yes Built-in automated entry strategies No Yes Custom indicator support for entries No Yes Forex session filtering No Yes Different recovery behaviors No Yes Different exit behaviors No Yes Alerts No Yes Price Free $299
How to properly configure the robot
To reap constant profits in the long run, you must follow the instructions below when configuring the EA. Remember to never start trading if the risk allocation the EA displays is dangerous.
- Load the EA to the chart.
- Check Risk Allocation and Max. Drawdown values from the top-right corner of the chart. The EA pre-calculates the maximum loss you can experience with the current settings and evaluates the risk profile for you.
- If the risk allocation label is red and the drawdown over 40-50%, you need to decrease the exposure of the EA.To decrease the risk allocation, perform one or more of the following measures.
- Attenuate the Behavior parameter slightly. It the risk is still high...
- Decrease the Trades parameter slightly, but never set below 7 or 8 trades.
- Decrease the Lotsize parameter.
- Once the risk is acceptable to you (Safe or Aggressive), start trading using the chart buttons!
- ≡ Input parameters
When loading the indicator to any chart, you will be presented with a set of options as input parameters. Don't despair if you think they are too many, because parameters are grouped into self-explanatory blocks.
- This parameter controls the size of the initial trade. A smaller lotsize decreases the net exposure of the deal.
- Maximum amount of trades to place during the recovery process.
- Zone In Pips
- Distance in pips between buy stop and sell stop orders. A higher value will decrease trading frequency but will make deals to last longer. If the spread is below one pip, you can use a zone of 50 pips. If the spread is between 2 and 3 pips, you should set a zone over 75 pips. If the spread is above 3 pips, you need a zone of at least 100 pips.
- The behavior parameter instructs the EA how aggressive to behave during the recovery process. More aggression will close deals faster but use more free margin to do so.
- Take Profit in PIps
- Overall profit at which we wish to close the initial trade or the recovery basket. A bigger value will cause deals to last longer in time.
- Magic Number
- The magic number allows the EA to identify its own trades when reloaded or the platform restarts. As a rule of thumb, never change it.
- Custom Comment
- Enter your custom comment for all trades here.
- ? FAQ
- Is the EA NFA/FIFO Compliant?
- It is not, please do not trade with an US Broker.
- Do I need a VPS to run the EA?
- Yes, it is imperative that you do. The EA must be connected 24/5.
- Can I use a trailing stop for the first trade?
- No, the lite version only uses a take profit for both the first trade and the recovery process. However the full version does implement different position management settings for the first trade, including break-even, trailing stop, etc.
- Can I buy and sell at the same time?
- No, you can't, because it would confuse the recovery mechanism. When entering a trade, please go only long or only short. Never buy and sell at the same time.
- Can I use pending orders to enter the market?
- Yes, you can. Once one of them becomes a market order, the EA will start working.
- Can I place two pending orders in opposite directions to enter the market?
- Yes, you can. Once the first one is triggered, the EA will delete the other/s.
- Can I interfere with the trades of the EA?
- Please don't. Let the EA do its job. All you can do is closing the deal completely.
- Will this EA interfere with other EAs running in my account?
- Yes, it will! It will manage all trades on the current chart.
- Is the EA fully automatic?
- It is not. You have to manually enter trades.